In recognition of his devotion to and successful outcomes for his clients, Chris was selected as one of only two lobbyists included in the Thomson Reuters’ list of Illinois Super Lawyers in 2020. Only five percent of all lawyers in the state receive this honor annually, and this was the sixth straight year that Chris was included.
The firm’s recent accomplishments and projects include:
- Successfully lobbied the Administration of Governor J.B. Pritker on various COVID-19 matters including the reopening of fitness centers and executive orders impacting the security industry;
- Secured millions of dollars in state capital improvements on behalf of municipal client;
- Defeated efforts by a state agency to enact emergency rules causing significant harm to the medical cannabis industry;
- Working with multiple state agencies and the legislature to revise environmental rulemaking that would negatively impact a publicly-traded energy company;
- Passed client‐initiated legislation enhancing tobacco industry safety measures;
- Worked with a state agency to ensure that a client’s financial services conform with regulatory requirements;
- Prevented passage of multiple legislative proposals that would have caused significant harm to several clients in different industries;
- Worked with the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) and local officials to secure intersection improvements, enabling a nationwide retailer to locate to a Chicago suburb;
- Engaged in lobbying and consulting for a video gaming company to create new market opportunities;
- Negotiated the Opioid Alternative Pilot Program for medical cannabis;
- Authored several laws expanding access to epinephrine and saving hundreds of lives since passage.